SERU is part of the Student Affairs & Alumni Division (Hal Ehwal Pelajar & Alumni) that is responsible for the design and implementation of soft skills programme to empower students to be in control of their own future. It is envisaged that the programmes organised by SERU will result in students to self-learn and share knowledge and skills to empower fellow peers and friends. SERU is confident that the development of soft skills in students will result in well-rounded graduates and eventually enhance employability rates of University Malaya's graduates.
U P C O M I N G S E R U P R O G R A M M E S:
O N E DISCOVER YOUR SOFT SKILLS @ UNIVERSITY MALAYA (iCONS)
T W O Speak to Express & Impress!
Let's join this coming programme to learn more about how to deliver presentations effectively.
Open to all second and third year students.
Seats are limited to 50 pax.
Registration fees : RM20 (Meals, souvenir, certificate & merit points provided).
For enquiries or registration :
T H R E E Study Strategies & Techniques
1. Speed Reading & Memory Techniques (25 April 2015)
2. Study Skills, Note Taking, Listening & Questioning Skills (23 May 2015)
- Open to all first and second year students
- Seats are limited to 50 pax
- Registration fees : RM20 (Meals, souvenir, certificate & merit points provided)
F O U R Graduate To Work
1. Series I (25 & 26 April 2015)
2. Series II (23 & 24 May 2015)
3. Series III (7 & 8 Nov 2015)
F I V E NLP You Get The Job!
1. 23 & 24 May 2015
Grab this opportunity on My ASEAN Internship from Ready4Work portal
M o r e I n f o r m a t i o n ?
- Timeline : July 2015 (10 weeks)
- Application: 10 Feb 2015 onwards
- Companies involved: AIR ASIA, AXIATA, BDO, CIMB, DIGI, GE, MAYBANK, NESTLE, SIME DARBY, SUNWAY, SECURITY COMMISSION, ZICO
- Secretariat contact:
CAREER SEARCH with TalentCorp
1.ASPIRING ACCOUNTING PROGRAMME (AAP), Intake: January and July/August 2015
· AAP is a foundation course to facilitate students from non-accounting disciplines to train & qualify as Chartered Accountants. Afully-funded 6 week accounting foundation course with Sunway TES
· Application for this program istwice a year, Intake: January and July/August. Interested please email and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org please quote reference number “AA2015” in you cover letter
· Criteria or requirement :Any degree discipline excluding Accounting, have a minimum of 2ndupper degree result, Leadership and active involvement in extra-curricular activities, and a strong command of English
· Course syllabus : Knowledge and understanding of financial statements , Basic auditing knowledge and skills
· For Professional accounting qualifications upon successful completion of the course, you will be offered a training contract to complete a professional accounting qualification while working. And the firms / employers will provide full-time employment, monetary support and time-off for classes and exams to complete your professional accounting qualification (ACCA or ICAEW)
3. MICROSOFT IMAGINE CUP
· Open to students from all disciplines, but most related to students from IT/Computer Science/Information Systems and similar disciplines
· Competition will start in April however, students can start working on their projects well before the competition starts
· Competition is split into 3 levels: National, Regional and World
·Students are to form teams up to 4 people per team
· Students are tocreate an idea, make a plan, build the project and competewithin the theme of eitherGames, Innovation or World Citizenships
· Students are highly encouraged to undertake various online courses that are free of charge to gain additional skills and help them prepare adequately for the competition; Students will receivecertificateof completion upon completion of the course.
4. UPSKILLING PROGRAMME
·It was introduced to increase availability of local talents and provide opportunity for employment of high skilled jobsamong local fresh graduates. Also designed for students with Accounting backgroundto Upskilling them with professional qualification through the Professional Bodies of Accountants which comprises ACCA, CPA Australia, CIMA, ICAEW and MICPA with the objectives of:
·This programme is open toall final year students, fresh graduates that fulfills the following criteria:
- Provide industry ready entry-level talent for high skill jobs; and
- Creating a world-class workforce in Malaysia, especially in the context of ETP
- Malaysian citizen;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Accounting with CGPA 3.0 and above
- Fresh Graduateswith not more than 6 months in the labour market;
- Interested applicants may submit their detailed resume email@example.com
5. GRADUATE EMPLOYABILITY MANAGEMENT SCHEME (GEMS) 2.0 PROGRAMME Eligibility
- Open to all Malaysian and local graduates
- Degree holder only
- 2.0 < CGPA < 3.0
- Below 27 years old
- Priority will be given to those who are unemployed after graduating less than a year